Safaikarmachari Kavulu Samithi-Karnataka along with other Dalit and Human Rights Organizations travelled through 5 districts of Karnataka as part of a 5-day Jatha to highlight the continuance of the inhuman and undignified practice of Manual Scavenging in Karnataka. As part of this state-level Jatha, memorandums were sent to the Chief Minister though the DIstrict Magistrates in all the districts, Press Meets were held in the district and taluka headquarters, and through songs, street plays and community-level meets awareness was spread among the community about their rights and entitlements under the Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act 2013.
Day 1 (30/12/2019): The Jatha began on 30th Dec 2019 in Davangere district.
Day 2 (31/12/2019): The Jatha moved northwards to Haveri District on 31st Dec 2019.
Day 3 (01/01/2010): The Jatha moved to Dharwad district on the third day.
Day 4 (02/01/2020): The Jatha moved south to Kolar district on the fourth day.
Day 5 (03/01/2020): On the fifth and the last day the jatha moved to Bengaluru Rural district.
For district-wise details please visit the following posts:
- Day 5 (03/01/2020): State-level Jatha moves to Bengaluru Rural district
- Day 4 (02/01/2020): State-level Jatha moves south to Kolar
- Day 3 (01/01/2020): State-level Jatha moves to Dharwad
- Day 2 (31/12/2019): State-level Jatha moves northward to Haveri
- Day 1 (30/12/2019): State-level Jatha starts from Davangere